Maxine’s Chocolate Mousse photographed by Jon Edwards Photography
If you ever need a chocolate “fix” this is an amazing recipe that my friend, Maxine Picard, fine art photographer (and photographer for Beverly Hills 213) shared with me!
It is so rich and creamy…so dreamy and divine…well, sometimes I need to eat it on my own by candlelight! 🙂
- 1 c. milk
- 12 oz of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chip Morsels (semi sweet)
- 1 tsp. coffee
- ½ jigger (2 oz) of Kahlua
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- ½ c . sugar
- Scald milk, put milk in blender and add chocolate chips, blend.
- Add egg yolks, coffee and Kahlua, blend. Put in refrigerator to cool.
- Beat egg whites until still, add sugar and beat again.
- Fold into chocolate mixture (NOTE: be careful not fold too much or your mousse will not be firm!)
- Put in refrigerator to chill overnight.
- When you serve, top with whip cream and/or chocolate shavings or strawberries or raspberries.
©2011 – Maryann Ridini Spencer
Take a look at some of Maxine’s beautiful fine art photography!Google+