Chocolate Fruit Mousse
My friend Maxine makes a killer chocolate mousse and she shared her recipe with me some time ago.
I’ve been looking to recreate the delicious creamy chocolate taste while lessening the amount of sugar. This recipe does just that. All the ingredients are natural, organic and so good for you! I recommend you make this recipe and eat/serve immediately, and/or refrigerate for one hour. Due to the fresh avocado, this recipe is best prepared and eaten in the same day!
- 2 peeled bananas (one soft, one frozen)
- 1 c. fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 3 T. organic honey
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ¼ c. organic unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 T. Kahlua liqueur (optional)
- strawberries (to place on top of the mousse when ready to serve)
- In a high-powered blender, add in bananas and blend.
- Add in avocado, pineapple chunks, honey, vanilla and lemon juice, and blend.
- Add in cocoa powder and blend.
- Add in Kahlua (optional) to taste.
- Serve immediately topped with strawberries, whipped cream and/or nuts.
©2015 – Maryann Ridini Spencer, SimplyDeliciousLiving.comGoogle+