“Chunky Apple Delight,” made with fresh, organic apples, nuts, spices, and a touch of Frangelico (or Amaretto), makes a fantastic all-natural dessert. It also makes a simply yummy pancake topping! 🙂
Chunky Apple Delight
Author: Maryann Ridini Spencer
Recipe type: Dessert
- 5 medium sweet apples, peeled and diced
- 2 T. lemon juice
- ½ c. walnuts, diced (optional)
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 2 T. ground cinnamon
- 3 T. Frangelico or Amaretto
- Whipped Cream Topping
- Peel and dice apples and place in a large bowl.
- Mix in 2 T. fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Fill a medium size boiling pot half way with water and place on the stovetop.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add in apples.
- Boil apples until they are tender (al dente – firm, not too soft).
- Pour apples and water into a strainer, drain out water.
- Place cooked apples in a large bowl. With a potato masher, mash apples so they are a bit mushy, but still chunky.
- Add in walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, and Frangelico (or Amaretto). Stir.
- Serve applesauce in a pretty dish, cup or glass – hot or cold — topped with Whipped Cream.
Also try in on top of my All-Natural Homemade Pancakes at: https://maryannridinispencer.com/?p=3758
© Maryann Ridini Spencer, SimplyDeliciousLiving.com Google+