On Simply Delicious Living with Maryann, host Maryann Ridini-Spencer cooks up a delectable pasta dish setting the stage for the perfect amorè –filled Valentine’s Day! Please note since I made this VIDEO, I’ve UPDATED this RECIPE (See below for Print Out). I like this version of the recipe even better!
Tomato & Basil Pasta (also known as "Valentine's Day Pasta")
Author: Maryann Ridini Spencer
Recipe type: Italian
- 4 c. of Fusilli Pasta
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, diced Garlic
- 1 c. whole basil leaves, chopped
- freshly squeezed juice of one small lemon
- 1 c. Parmesan/Romano cheese blend
- garlic powder to taste
- garlic salt and pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- Boil 4 c. pasta in a pot on the stovetop according to package directions.
- In a skillet on the stovetop over medium heat, drizzle in olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add diced tomatoes and garlic.
- Cook until tomatoes are tender, but not mushy, then remove from heat.
- Drain cooked pasta and return it to the pot.
- To the pasta, add in cooked tomatoes and garlic, basil leaves, ¼ c. Parmesan/Romano cheese blend, lemon juice and garlic salt and pepper to taste. Mix gently.
- Serve dish immediately with the extra Parmesan/Romano cheese.
This dish goes great with my Simple Side Salad. It can be served as a meal and/or as a side dish.
©2010 — Maryann Ridini Spencer Google+