This dish, which is so delicious and satisfying, can be prepared in under 30 minutes. Enjoy it any night of the week. It’s also a fantastic and elegant recipe to share if you’re having guests. Bon Appétit!
Chicken Quinoa with Dijon Cream Sauce
Author: Maryann Ridini Spencer
- 4 -6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- package of multi-colored quinoa
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced thin
- ½ c. Chardonnay
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 2 T. Dijon mustard (Grey Poupon is gluten free)
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- garlic salt and pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil or oil spray
- Cook multi-colored quinoa for 4 per package instructions.
- Wash chicken breasts. If a chicken breast is thicker in some parts than others, pound it with a meat mallet (between 2 pieces of wax paper) so that the chicken breasts are of even thickness.
- In a non-stick skillet on the stovetop over medium heat, add a little olive oil (or a touch of oil spray) to the pan.
- Sauté sliced onions until they are slightly golden.
- When onions are done, remove from the skillet and place aside on a dish.
- Without washing the skillet, add in a little more olive oil (or spray to the pan) and place chicken breasts in the skillet. Cook chicken until slightly golden (approximately 7-12 minutes or so). As the chicken cooks, turn it occasionally so the chicken browns evenly on both sides and be careful not to overcook the chicken.
- Turn skillet heat to low.
- Add in Chardonnay, heavy cream and stir.
- Add in cooked onions, mustard and lemon juice.
- Stir mixture.
- Add garlic salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer mixture for approximately 5 minutes.
- With a fork or server, remove individual pieces of chicken from the cream mixture, placing each piece of chicken over a plate of steaming quinoa.
- Pour a bit of the cream mixture over the top of each piece of chicken.
©2014 Maryann Ridini Spencer/SimplyDeliciousLiving.com