I love hot Chicken Curry for dinner over a bed of jasmine rice. However, one night I was in the mood for a cold salad that had the delicious taste of curry. This recipe is so simple and tasty and you can also serve it in a pita or even in the center of a scooped out melon!
I like to make it with organic curry powder I get from a fantastic shop, SpiceTopia (Spice-Topia.com).
If you like the “Bon Appetit” Apron I’m wearing, you can purchase it at the Simply Delicious Living Store, CLICK HERE.
- 3-4 organic, boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into small cubes
- ¾ c. mayonnaise
- freshly squeezed juice from one small lemon (or lime)
- 1 T. honey
- 2 tsp. red or yellow curry powder
- ⅓ c. diced red onion
- ⅓ c. celery, diced
- 1 c. peeled, diced Fuji apple (s)**
- ¾ c. lightly salted peanuts
- ½ c. dried cranberries
- garlic salt & pepper to taste
- In a skillet on the stovetop over low heat, cook diced chicken until slightly golden. When cooked, remove skillet from stove. Set aside.
- In a Cuisinart, add in mayonnaise, juice, honey, and curry powder. Blend. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add in cooled chicken.
- Pour mayonnaise and curry mixture over chicken to moisten chicken to desired consistency. Mix.
- Add in onions, celery, apples, and garlic salt and pepper to taste. Mix.
- Cover bowl and put in the fridge for a few hours to allow flavors to blend.
- When you're ready to serve, add in cranberries and peanuts to the curry and mix. If the curry is a little dry, add in a bit more lemon or lime juice (maybe a tad of mayonnaise) and mix.
- Serve curry over a bed of leafy greens, a salad made with oil and balsamic vinaigrette dressing, in a pita with fresh arugula, and/or in the center of a scooped out melon half.
©2014 Maryann Ridini Spencer/SimplyDeliciousLiving.com