Pistachio Encrusted Swai
We love serving fish for dinner in our house. Here’s an easy recipe for a great tasting, mild white fish. For a fantastic side, serve it with my Simply Pesto recipe over pasta. The blend of flavors will make your taste buds soooo happy!!
Pistachio Encrusted Swai with Pesto
Author: Maryann Ridini Spencer
Recipe type: Dinner
- 4 Swai fillets
- ½ c. panko bread crumbs
- 1¼ c. ground pistachio pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 4 T. coconut milk (or regular milk)
- coconut oil
- 2 large lemons
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cover a cookie sheet with tin foil (cinch at edges).
- Drizzle coconut oil over tin foil.
- Please washed fish fillets on top of the greased foil.
- Cut one lemon in quarters. Squeeze lemon juice all over and around the fish.
- Bake fish in oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove fish from oven and let stand for a few minutes to cool.
- In a large bowl, add eggs and coconut milk. Beat eggs and milk with a fork until blended.
- In another large bowl, add in panko bread crumbs.
- Place pistachio pieces in a zip lock bag. Pound pistachio pieces with a wooden mallet until pistachios are ground into small pieces.
- Pour pistachio pieces into the panko bread crumbs and mix well.
- With a fork, take one of the fillets and dip it into the egg and milk mixture. Coat on both sides.
- Then dip the fillet into the breadcrumb and pistachio mixture. Coat well on both sides. Repeat with all fillets.
- Drizzle a little more coconut oil onto the tin foil covered sheet. Place fillets on top of the foil.
- Squirt some fresh squeezed lemon juice over the fillets and bake fish in the oven for another 10 minutes until fish is done.
- Once fish is done, serve immediately with extra lemon wedges and a generous portion of my Simply Pesto! Top pesto with a little Parmesan/Romano cheese. Enjoy!
Panko Encrusted Swai with Pesto makes a great Complete Meal Idea any day of the week! SimplyDeliciousLiving.com
©2013 – Maryann Ridini Spencer, SimplyDeliciousLiving.comGoogle+