Poached Pears with Frangelico & Shaved Dark Chocolate
Poached Pears make such a simple, yet elegant dessert. This lovely recipe calls for Frangelico liqueur which takes like hazelnuts!
You can make this dish in 20 minutes!
- 1-25 oz. jar of pear halves in white grape juice (no extra sugar added)
- 4 c. white grape juice
- ¾ c. Frangelico liqueur
- 1 large bar of good quality organic dark chocolate
- ½ c. candied pecans
- Whipped Cream
- 2 T. organic sugar
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- In a pan on the stovetop over low/medium heat, add in pear halves (placing the flat side of the pair on the bottom of the pan).
- Add in white grape juice and ½ c. Frangelico (liquid will be just over the top of the pears).
- Simmer on low for approximately 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add in sugar and cream.
- Beat mixture with an electric mixer until the cream develops stiff peaks.
- Set aside.
- On individual plates, place one poached pear half.
- Drizzle a few tablespoons of the juice over each pear.
- With a spoon, drizzle approximately 1 T. of Frangelico over each pear.
- Put a dollop of whipped cream on the side of each pear.
- With a stainless steel shaver (chocolate or cheese shaver), shave dark chocolate all over each dish.
- Place candied pecans around each dish.
- Serve immediately.
©2014 — Maryann Ridini Spencer
Watch Simply Delicious Living with Maryann® on PBS Television in Southern California and in First Run Television Syndication. For more information, visit: SimplyDeliciousLiving.TV and RidiniEntertainment.com
CLICK Maryann’s Cookbook to VIEW a SAMPLE. Over 40+ delicious and easy-to-make entrées for people on the go! Available Formats: Ebook, Apple iPad, Soft and Hard Cover. For more information, CLICK HERE.