Spinach & Tomato Pasta
Spinach and Tomato Pasta
Author: Maryann Ridini Spencer
Recipe type: Pasta
- 4 c. of penne pasta
- 2½ c. spinach, fresh or frozen
- 6 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ c. walnuts, chopped
- 1 c. Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- 5 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ¾ c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 T. of extra virgin olive oil
- garlic salt & pepper to taste
- Boil Penne Pasta according to package directions.
- In a skillet on the stovetop over a medium flame, pour in olive oil.
- Add in garlic and onions. Cook garlic and onions until they slightly brown.
- Add in spinach, walnuts, diced Roma tomatoes, Gorgonzola and mix.
- Add in garlic salt and pepper to taste.
- When tomatoes are slightly soft, add in lemon Juice.
- Serve mixture over penne pasta. Enjoy!
©2010 – Maryann Ridini Spencer Google+