Tex Mex Salad
For a simply delicious lunch or dinner (or side salad) that you can whip up in under 30 minutes, try this Tex Mex Salad. You can serve it with shrimp, chicken or fish and it’s tasty with or without a salad dressing. When I make this recipe, I usually never measure the ingredients — I add and plate what I know will work for my family and I taste test along the way in case I want more spices. Enjoy! – Maryann
- ½ c. onions, diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, diced
- ½ c. green pepper, diced
- ½ c. red pepper, diced
- 1 ½ c. jumbo cooked shrimp with tails off (Note: Serve this amount for two people, if this is a dinner salad, serve approximately 1 c. or 10-13 shrimp per person or to personal taste)
- few dashes of chili powder seasoning
- few dashes of chipotle smoked red jalapeño seasoning
- lettuce mix
- organic black beans (2-3 spoonfuls per plate)
- organic corn (several spoonfuls per plate)
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes, diced (approximately ½ c. diced tomatoes per plate)
- red onion, diced
- avocado, sliced
- organic tortilla chips, crumbled
- fresh cilantro sprigs
- extra virgin olive oil
- Dressing: olive oil & freshly squeezed lemon & lime juice drizzled over the top of the salad
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over low heat and in onions, garlic, red and peppers, and sauté until soft and a little golden.
- Add in shrimp.
- Add in a few dashes of chili powder and smoke chipotle seasonings (to taste).
- For each single serving, plate a good helping of lettuce mix.
- Over the top of each plate, sprinkle 2-3 spoonfuls of black beans, corn, Roma tomatoes, red onion, and avocado slices.
- Crumble organic tortilla chips over the top of each salad.
- Add in shrimp, pepper and onion mix over the top.
- Top with fresh cilantro.
- Optional: Drizzle salad dressing over top of salad
TEX MEX SALAD RECIPE ©2017 — Maryann Ridini Spencer.com Find out more about Maryann’s Award-Winning Simply Delicious Living Blog and “Lady in the Window” a novel by Maryann Ridini Spencer (SelectBooks, 2017) at https://MaryannRidiniSpencer.comGoogle+