Sometimes you just have to have “cake” for breakfast. This delightful coffee cake is a perfect compliment to scrambled or poached eggs. You can also enjoy a slice with your afternoon tea!
Blueberry Ricotta Coffee Cake Bliss
Author: Maryann Ridini Spencer
- 1 ¾ c. organic flour or the Pure Pantry’s Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Mix
- 1 c. organic sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 c. ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- 2 c. fresh blueberries
- Coffee Cake Topping
- ½ c. coconut oil (warm until it is liquid)
- ½ c. brown sugar
- 1 c. flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 10 inch round springform pan with coconut oil and lightly flour.
- To prepare the topping, in a medium size bowl, add in 1 c. flour, ½ c. brown sugar and ½ c. coconut oil. Stir with a fork until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add in flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a third bowl, add in eggs, ricotta and lemon and vanilla extracts, and blend well.
- Add the egg and ricotta mixture to the well in the center of the flour mixture. Beat with an electric mixer until for a few minutes until smooth.
- Spoon or pour the batter into the greased and floured springform pan.
- Cover the top of the batter with the blueberries.
- Sprinkle the top of the blueberries with the topping mixture.
- Bake coffee cake for approximately 45 minutes or until done. Insert a toothpick into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Let cake cool for approximately 25 minutes, then remove the sides of the springform pan. Serve and enjoy!
©2013 – Maryann Ridini SpencerGoogle+