Easy Berry & Apple Galette
Fruit galette is now one of my go-to desserts. While it takes about an hour to bake in the oven, you can make it very quickly and then take care of other chores around the house while it’s baking. It’s a healthy dessert made with very little sugar. In fact, if you just prefer to use honey, by all means. I’ve often made it just by drizzling honey over the fruit. For this recipe, I blended some berries I wanted to use before they turned with an apple. However, you can make this recipe using simply apples or berries or other combinations of fruit you desire! Enjoy! 🙂 NOTE: To make this recipe VEGAN, skip the honey!
- Pre-packaged (organic or all natural) pie crust
- 2 c. fresh blueberries
- 2 c. fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 c. apples (Fuji or other sweet apple)
- 2 T. flour & ( 1 T. more for dusting parchment paper)
- 2 T. organic sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- 1 T. honey
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unroll pastry dough (at room temperature) to package instructions.
- Cut a piece of wax or parchment paper the size of the bottom of the cookie pan you'll be using to bake the galette. Place paper on top of the cookie pan and set aside.
- Peel, core and cube the apple.
- Slice strawberries.
- Place fruit into a large bowl with lemon extract. Toss.
- Add in 2 T. flour, sugar and cinnamon to fruit. Toss.
- Lightly dust 1 T. flour on top of the wax or parchment paper sitting on the cookie pan.
- Unroll the pastry dough onto the paper.
- Place the fruit mixture in the center of the dough keeping a 1 inch border.
- Drizzle honey over the top of all the fruit.
- Fold up edges of the dough around the fruit (overlapping edges on to each other) forming a circle.
- Bake galette for 55 minutes until edges of the galette are lightly brown and the crust is crisp.
- Serve dessert hot or at room temperature – by itself or with a dollop of ice cream or whipped cream!
Visit the Simply Delicious Living Store! Google+