A little birdie told Maryann that Emma LOVES Emma’s Meatballs on the “Emma’s Meatballs” episode of “Simply Delicious Living with Maryann! Stay tuned for more show FUN!!!
Author: Maryann Ridini Spencer
Recipe type: Meatballs
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced
- ¼ c. of fresh chopped basil leaves
- ¼ c. white wine
- ¾ lb. ground beef
- ¼ c. fresh Italian bread crumbs (unseasoned)
- 1½ c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese (or a parmesan and Romano cheese blend)
- 1 egg
- garlic salt and black pepper to taste
- olive oil as needed
- In an oiled skillet on the stove top, sauté onions, garlic and fresh basil in olive oil and white wine until they turn a light brown.
- Pour the onions, garlic and basil mixture into a large bowl.
- Put the skillet back onto the stovetop and set aside for later (do not clean and make sure the stove top is not on at this point!).
- In the bowl, add the ground beef, breadcrumbs, cheese, egg, garlic salt and black pepper to taste. Mix well using your hands. Form mixture into small balls.
- Go back to the seasoned skillet on the stove.
- Pour a little olive oil into the pan and turn the heat on medium.
- Put the meatballs into the skillet one by one.
- Cook until all sides of the meatballs are a nice color brown.
- Serve with your favorite red sauce or serve warm over pasta with lots of shredded Romano cheese!
To find out how you can make a difference for Emma and those with FSGS, visit:
©2009 – Maryann Ridini SpencerGoogle+