Gluten-Free Lemon Pasta
Author: Maryann Ridini Spencer
Recipe type: Pasta
- gluten-free brown rice pasta for 4 (cooked to package directions)
- 5 garlic cloves, diced
- ¼ c. sweet onion, diced
- ½ c. fresh basil, chopped
- ½ c. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 T. lemon zest
- 2 T. butter
- ½ c. Chardonnay
- 2 T. capers (optional)
- ¼ c. Parmesan cheese, freshly shaved
- ¼ c. Romano cheese, freshly shaved
- garlic salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic Gold® oil from GarlicGold.com (or extra virgin olive oil)
- In a boiling pot on the stovetop, cook pasta to package directions.
- In a skillet on the stovetop over medium heat, sauté onions and garlic in a little olive oil until they turn a light golden color.
- Add in wine and butter and simmer on low heat for a few minutes.
- Drain cooked pasta.
- Then, place pasta back into the boiling pot.
- Add in the garlic sauté mixture to the pasta. Stir.
- Add in the lemon juice and zest. Stir.
- Add in the fresh basil, Parmesan and Romano cheeses, capers (optional), and garlic salt and pepper to taste. Stir.
- Serve immediately with extra freshly grated Parmesan/Romano cheese!
This dish is wonderful as a meal with a large green salad and/or as a side dish with grilled fish, chicken or meat. Additionally, you can also add in cooked diced chicken or jumbo shrimp. If you have leftovers and want to warm up the pasta, add in a little bit more wine and/or a ½ c. heavy cream and cook the pasta over medium heat until warm.
©2013 – Maryann Ridini Spencer
Watch Simply Delicious Living with Maryann® on PBS Television in Southern California, in First Run TV Syndication and/or right here on this blog!Google+