WATCH THE VIDEO – CLICK IMAGE BELOW!
Lemon Shrimp Orzo
Author: Maryann Ridini Spencer
- 1 c. orzo pasta for 4 (cooked to package directions)*
- 1 lb. (or 2 heaping cups) of jumbo cooked shrimp
- 5 garlic cloves, diced
- ¼ c. sweet onion, diced
- ½ c. fresh basil, chopped
- ½ c. fresh squeezed lemon juice (from Meyer’s lemons)
- 2 T. lemon zest
- 2 T. butter
- ½ c. Chardonnay
- ¼ c. Parmesan cheese, freshly shaved
- ¼ c. Romano cheese, freshly shaved
- Garlic Gold ® Italian Herb Nuggets from GarlicGold.com (and/or garlic salt and pepper to taste)
- Garlic Gold ® Oil from GarlicGold.com (or extra virgin olive oil)
- In pot on the stovetop, cook orzo to package directions.
- In a skillet on the stovetop over medium heat, sauté onions and garlic in a little olive oil until they turn a light golden color.
- To the skillet, add in wine and butter.
- Stir and simmer on low heat for a few minutes.
- Add shrimp to the skillet and stir.
- Cook shrimp over low heat, stirring for occasionally for approximately 5 minutes. Drain cooked orzo.
- Place orzo back into the boiling pot.
- Add in the shrimp garlic sauté mixture to the orzo. Stir.
- Add in the lemon juice and zest. Stir.
- Add in the fresh basil, Parmesan and Romano cheeses, and garlic salt and pepper to taste. Stir.
- Serve immediately with extra freshly grated Parmesan/Romano cheese!
*To make this recipe gluten-free, instead of orzo, use gluten-free brown rice pasta. Enjoy this dish with a green salad and/or my Green Beans Almondine Search “Green Beans Almondine” and “Salads” and “Veggies & Side dishes” on this blog for inspiration.
©2013 – Maryann Ridini Spencer
Watch Simply Delicious Living with Maryann® on PBS Television in Southern California, in First Run TV Syndication and/or right here on this blog!