Pork Medallions with Apple, Dried Cranberries & Rosemary
Author: Maryann Ridini Spencer
Recipe type: Dinner
- 6 oz. pork tenderloin
- ½ c. dried cranberries
- 1.5 c. peeled, sliced apples
- ½ c. apple juice
- 1 T. fresh rosemary leaves
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- garlic salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and slice apples.
- In a skillet on the stovetop, add in cranberries, apples, apple juice, rosemary leaves and cinnamon.
- Cook over low heat for approximately five minutes.
- Add in garlic salt and pepper to taste.
- Trim fat from pork. Cut pork crosswise into 5-6 slices.
- Place pork slices between two slices of wax paper (top and bottom).
- Pound lightly with a mallet to achieve a ¼″ thickness. Set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet on the stove, pour in olive oil.
- When olive oil is warm, add in pork.
- Cook meat over medium/medium high for several minutes until lightly golden on all sides.
- Pour cranberry and apple mixture over pork and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
SIDE DISH SUGGESTIONS:
©2011 – Maryann Ridini Spencer, SimplyDeliciousLiving.tvGoogle+