I love everything pumpkin – pumpkin pie, pumpkin cake, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin muffins and bread. Here’s a wonderful side dish to serve with grilled fish, chicken or pork – Pumpkin Pecan Mashed Potatoes. Serve it for Thanksgiving and it’s sure to become a family “favorite” side dish. (PICTURED ABOVE: This side dish also goes great with my Pork Chops with Pears and Cabernet Sauce and a side of steamed broccoli (with a splash of freshly squeezed lemon juice).
- 2 Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 c. organic pumpkin
- ½ tsp. pumpkin spice
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. lemon extract
- 2 ½ T. brown sugar
- 3 T. coconut milk
- ¼ tsp. salt (optional)
- ¼ c. candied pecan pieces
- In a pot on the stove top, add in water and boil potatoes until soft.
- In a separate pot, add in pumpkin and cook over low heat for approximately 5 minutes then set aside.
- When potatoes are cooked, drain them. Put the potatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cooked pumpkin, pumkin spice, cinnamon, lemon extract, brown sugar, salt, and coconut milk to the potatoes.
- Mix ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add in pecan pieces. Mix pecans into the mixture with a wooden spoon.
- Serve hot!
©2013 — Maryann Ridini Spencer Google+