This Quick and Easy Spinach Quiche makes a perfect dish for breakfast or brunch. Serve it hot or cold with a fresh fruit or green salad! I also love to serve it with my Lemon Coconut Bread.
Quick and Easy Spinach Quiche
Author: Maryann Ridini Spencer
- 1 pre-prepared organic pie crust (at room temperature)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 3 c. fresh, organic baby spinach (from a bag or fresh, not frozen)
- 6 organic eggs
- 1 ½ c. coconut milk
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- dash cayenne
- 2 T. organic flour
- 1 c. Gruyère cheese (shredded)
- extra virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll pie dough into pie shell, crimping the edges with your hand or a fork. If pie shell is pre-formed, unwrap and set aside.
- In a skillet on the stovetop, sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil until golden.
- Add in spinach, cook until spinach is wilted.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk and seasoning, mix well.
- In another bowl, toss cheese with flour.
- Add sautéed onions, garlic and spinach to the bottom of the pie crust, spread around.
- Add in cheese mixture to pie crust.
- Top cheese mixture with the egg mixture. Stir gently in the pie crust.
- Bake quiche at 350 degrees F for approximately 50 minutes until top is lightly golden. Insert a toothpick or knife into the center of the quiche and make sure it comes out clean.
- Let quiche stand for 10 minutes to cool before serving. You can also serve cold. Another great tip – make this recipe a day before and keep in the fridge. Let the flavors marinate over night. Then, heat before serving.
©Maryann Ridini Spencer, SimplyDeliciousLiving.com Google+