Last night I picked some pears off the pear trees on our farm and made a simple pear galette. My husband, who likes to beekeep, harvested some honey (dark and delicious from all the avocados), and a dollop of the honey was delicious on top of the galette! This recipe is just so simple, and you can make it with any type of fruit — apples, peaches, blueberries, etc. and/or a combination thereof! Enjoy.
- 1 organic pre-made whole wheat pastry crust (from your organic grocer)
- 3 c. pears, peeled and sliced
- ¾ c. dried orange cranberries (or plump, soft raisins)
- ⅓ c. raw pecan pieces (or walnuts, almonds)
- ½ c. shredded sweet coconut
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp. cloves, ground
- 2 T. lemon juice
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix all the above ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Lightly spray a cookie sheet with coconut oil.
- Unwrap the pre-made pastry crust (If you need to roll out the dough with a rolling pin to make it smooth, do so. Either roll it between the pieces of parchment paper it comes rolled up in, and/or lightly flour a rolling pin and your countertop so the dough doesn't stick to the rolling pin).
- Place the pre-made pastry crust on the oiled cookie sheet.
- Put spoonfuls of the fruit mix in the center of the pastry dough until you build a mound.
- Fold over the sides of the dough around the fruit.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until slightly golden and bubbly.
- Serve immediately by itself, with a dollop of honey or vanilla bean ice cream.
©2016, Maryann Ridini Spencer/SimplyDeliciousLiving.com/RidiniEntertainment