Egg, Sausage & Pepper Salad
Author: Maryann Ridini Spencer
Recipe type: Salad
- 5 Eggs, hard boiled
- ½ c. mayonnaise
- 2 Italian sausages, sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 package (12 ounces) Mixed Lettuce
- ¼ c. sliced Almonds
- 2 T. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 ½ T. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Hard boil eggs in pot on the stove. (To hard boil the eggs, cook for approximately 10 minutes).
- While eggs are boiling, cook the sausage in a skillet on the stove top in a little olive oil. Cook sausage until brown.
- Once eggs are boiled, submerge eggs in cold water (in a bowl) for approximately 3 minutes or so until cold, then peel off their shells.
- Slice eggs with a knife and place in a bowl.
- Mix eggs with ½ cup of mayonnaise and cooked sausage. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, add in tomatoes, red and yellow bell peppers and slivered almonds.
- Toss salad with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- On separate plates (or salad bowls), place a generous serving of mixed greens.
- For each plate, add a generous scoop of the egg and sausage mixture and place on top of the salad greens.
- Serve Immediately! Enjoy!
©2010 – Maryann Ridini Spencer