I love the zesty and slightly peppery taste of fresh arugula. This salad, made with fresh veggies and diced walnuts, is so crunchy and extremely satisfying. At our house, we enjoy it for lunch and dinner. If I’m not very hungry, I’ll have it with a a bit of pita and hummus. It also goes great as a side with grilled fish, chicken or meat or even a dollop of egg salad or tuna salad!
- Salad Ingredients:
- 6 c. fresh organic baby arugula
- 1 large Fuji apple, peeled and diced
- ¼ c. red onion, peeled and diced
- ⅓ c. raw walnut pieces
- ½ c. garbanzo beans
- 1 small zucchini squash, diced
- ⅓ c. dried cranberries
- 1 T. honey
- ¼ balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ c. extra virgin olive oil
- garlic salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients. Add in honey, vinegar, olive oil and mix. Add in garlic salt and pepper to taste.
©2014 Maryann Ridini Spencer, Simply Delicious Living.com Google+