Zucchini Squash Salad
This is one of my favorite salads because the veggies are fresh, raw and oh so tender! For a COMPLETE MEAL IDEA, My family enjoys it with grilled fish, chicken or steak. A great side with this is a baked potato with a dollop of sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt, lemon juice and fresh chives!). This salad is also a fantastic compliment to any burger!
- 3 zucchini squash
- 4 carrots, shredded
- 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Greek olives (pitted) and sliced in half
- fire roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 ½ c. Jarlsberg cheese, cut into small cubes
- ½ c. Parmesan/Romano cheese blend
- freshly squeezed lemon juice (the juice of one lemon)
- ¼ c. distilled white vinegar (to taste)
- ½ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. Italian Seasoning
- garlic powder (to taste)
- garlic salt & pepper (to taste)
- Julienne zucchini squash on the Mandoline Slicer.
- Julienne carrots on the Mandoline Slicer and/or use 1.5 c. pre-packaged, shredded carrots.
- In a large bowl, add in Julienne zucchini, carrots, chopped basil, olives, fire roasted red peppers, Jarlsberg cheese, Parmesan/Romano cheese blend and mix.
- In a separate bowl, add in vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, a few shakes of the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and garlic salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
- Add more garlic powder, Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper to taste.
Equipment: OXO Good Grips Mandoline Slicer – it’s very easy to use and has many capabilities!
©2013 — Maryann Ridini Spencer
LIKE Simply Delicious Living with Maryann® on Facebook, CLICK HERE.
SIGN UP for our FREE monthly newsletter – lots of great articles, cooking videos, decorating tips and body•mind•spirit inspirations!, CLICK HERE.
WATCH US on YouTube on your computer, on your mobile device or iphone at SimplyDelishLiving Channel (and/or Maryann Ridini Spencer)
WATCH Simply Delicious Living with Maryann® on PBS Television in Southern California and in First Run Television Syndication. For more information, visit: SimplyDeliciousLiving.TV and RidiniEntertainment.comGoogle+