For a delicious plant-based meal, I love to make my Cauliflower Parmesan. I enjoy it with a large green salad or pasta or as a side with my favorite protein. If I make a big batch, I store the leftovers in the fridge and enjoy this dish for several days.
- One head of cauliflower, sliced thick into steaks
- One package of cremini mushrooms, sliced
- One jar pasta sauce (or Dad and Mom’s Pasta Sauce: https://maryannridinispencer.com/dads-and-moms-pasta-sauce)
- garlic salt
- garlic powder
- Italian seasoning blend
- Parmesan and Romano cheese blend (Vegan or Regular)
- Pecorino cheese (or other cheese, Vegan or Regular)
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F
- Drizzle oil over a cookie sheet and spread it out with a napkin
- Add cauliflower steaks and mushrooms to the cookie sheet
- Sprinkle garlic salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning over vegetables
- Drizzle oil over the top of the veggies
- Roast veggies in the oven until golden, approximately 25-30minutes
- Spread a generous portion of pasta sauce over the bottom of the Pyrex dish
- Place cauliflower steak, then mushrooms over the sauce
- Add cheese on top of the veggies
- Add more pasta sauce over the veggies
- Add more cheese to the top of the dish
- Bake the dish in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate to serve later. Enjoy left overs for several days.