Author: Maryann Ridini Spencer
Recipe type: Dinner
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 26 ounces of your favorite red pasta sauce or Dad's and Mom's Pasta Sauce
- 2 c. of Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- ⅓ c. whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 6 slices of smoked Provolone cheese
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- garlic salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ c. of capers (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large boiling pot, pour in the pasta sauce, Parmesan/Romano cheese blend and capers (optional). Stir. Simmer over low heat while you prepare the chicken.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk with a fork. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, pour in seasoned Italian breadcrumbs.
- Take one chicken breast at a time and dip into the egg and milk mixture, coating both sides.
- Take the milk and egg coated chicken and dredge into Italian breadcrumb mixture, again coating both sides. Set each piece of chicken aside on a plate.
- Repeat procedure with each chicken breast.
- In a skillet on the stovetop over low heat, add in olive oil and breadcrumb coated chicken breasts. Cook chicken until golden brown on each side. Once cooked, set aside on a plate.
- In a Pyrex cooking dish, coat the bottom with half of the red sauce.
- Place each piece of cooked chicken on top of the sauce.
- When all the chicken breasts are in the dish, pour the rest of the red sauce mixture over the chicken.
- Place individual slices of Smoked Provolone cheese on top of each piece of chicken.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes (dish will be bubbling).
- Serve hot.
- This dish goes great with a side dish of pasta and also makes a great sandwich!
©2010 – Maryann Ridini Spencer
For creative inspirations, visit: Blog.SimplyDeliciousLivingwithMaryann.comGoogle+