Baked Apple is a wonderfully delicious dessert (or snack) that is also kind to your waistline!
Author: Maryann Ridini Spencer
- 4 large apples (Fuji, Jonagold or other)
- 1.5 T ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ c. slivered almonds
- ½ c. dried cranberries
- ¼ tsp. lemon extract
- ¼ cup butter at room temperature (Optional)
- Canola Oil Spray (or other non-stick cooking spray)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash apples and remove cores (with apple corer or paring knife).
- In a bowl, mix together almonds, cranberries and lemon extract. Mix.
- Mix in cinnamon and nutmeg to the mixture.
- Spray cookie sheet with Canola Oil spray.
- Place apples on cookie sheet and stuff with almond & cranberry mixture.
- Top with a few small pieces of soft butter (Optional)
- Bake until apples are tender but not mushy.
- Serve warm with a dollop of Reddi whip or vanilla ice cream.