Strawberry & Peach Icebox Cake
Growing up, one of my favorite desserts was my Grandma Mary’s Icebox Cake. So the inspiration for this simply yummy divine dessert comes from my Grandma Mary and my love of strawberry shortcake. Enjoy!
Strawberry and Peach Icebox Cake
- 1 pre-bought pound cake or angel food cake, sliced
- 2 T. lemon extract
- 15 ounces Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 c. coconut flakes
- 4 peaches, sliced (more if needed)
- 1 lb. strawberries, sliced
- In a large bowl, add in ricotta cheese.
- Add lemon extract to cheese (to desired taste) and mix. Set bowl aside.
- Layer the bottom of a Pyrex dish with sliced cake
- Put a generous layer of ricotta cheese over cake.
- sprinkle coconut flakes over cheese.
- Add a layer of sliced peaches.
- Add another layer of cake over peaches.
- Add another layer of ricotta cheese.
- Add a layer of sliced strawberries.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes over the top.
- Cover dish and place in the fridge for several hours to chill.
To make this dish extra delicious and uniquely flavorful, drizzle Limoncello or Amaretto liqueur over the top. Keep dish refrigerated.