Not to long ago, my facialist was telling me about how much she loves fried chicken! (And that fried chicken doesn’t love her figure!).
Her lamenting prompted me to think of a family recipe that my Grandmother Mary loved, Cornflake Chicken.
It’s a great recipe where you get all the crunchy goodness and taste without the oil and frying!
- 6 boneless, skinless Chicken breasts
- 3 c. Cornflake Cereal
- 1 c. Italian-style Breadcrumbs
- ¾ c. Parmesan, Provolone or Romano blend cheese
- 2 Eggs
- ½ c. Milk
- 2 T. Lemon juice
- Garlic Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- PAM Spray (or low-cal canola or olive oil spray) or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put cornflakes in a zip lock bag. Take a rolling pin or mallet and crush cornflakes (not too fine).
- Pour cornflakes in a bowl. Add in breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, add in two eggs, milk and beat with a fork.
- On a tin-foiled covered cookie sheet, spray PAM (or other oil spray).
- Dip a piece of chicken in the egg/milk mixture, then coat with cornflake mixture. Place on the cookie sheet. Continue until all chicken pieces are coated with the breadcrumb mix. Spray PAM lightly over top of chicken.*Bake in oven at 375 degrees for about 20-30 minutes (chicken will be a golden brown).
Here’s to you Grandma Mary! For recipe that’s finger licking Yummy where you get all the crunchy goodness and taste without the deep frying!
© 2010 Maryann Ridini SpencerGoogle+