Cajun Cornflake Chicken
Author: Maryann Ridini Spencer
- 6 boneless, skinless organic chicken tenders or thin breasts
- 2 c. Nature’s Path Heritage Flakes
- 1 c. Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 3 T. Cajun spice mix
- 2 Eggs
- ½ c. coconut milk
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- extra virgin olive oil
- Place cornflakes in a zip lock bag. Take a rolling pin or mallet and crush cornflakes (not too fine).
- Pour cornflakes in a bowl. Add in breadcrumbs and Cajun spice.
- In a separate bowl, add in two eggs, milk and beat with a fork.
- In a skillet on the stovetop over low heat, drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Dip a piece of chicken in the egg/milk mixture, then coat with cornflake mixture. Place chicken in the skillet. Repeat until all the chicken is coated and in the skillet.
- Squeeze lemon juice and another dash of the Cajun spice over the chicken.
- Cook chicken until golden brown on both sides, approximately 8-12 minutes.
Serve with a large green salad and some of my Rosemary Potatoes (https://maryannridinispencer.com/?p=1904) , Homemade French Fries (https://maryannridinispencer.com/?p=2271 ), or Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Cardamom (https://maryannridinispencer.com/?p=4550)
Search (& Print Out) Recipes by Category or Name on Maryann’s blog, SimplyDeliciousLiving.com
Get the yummy Cajun Spice Mix Maryann used in this recipe at Spice-Topia.com.
©2016 – Maryann Ridini Spencer, SimplyDeliciousLiving.com