A business associate and friend of mine, Earl Beadle, has a beautiful and talented daughter, Merris Beadle. Merris, who has a food blog, and is currently working on a friend’s Colorado-based health conscious vegan/vegetarian catering company, Soltribe Cuisine, recently shared this yummy recipe with me for Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Cardamom. I am in love with this dish! It’s fantastic with grilled or steamed veggies and a large salad. It’s also simply yummy as a side with a veggie burger or a piece of grilled chicken or fish. At our house, we even serve it for breakfast (instead of hashbrowns) with eggs and a big fruit salad!
Enjoy it any time of year!
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 T. olive oil
- 3 sprigs of fresh mint
- 1 tsp. cardamom
- zest of one lemon
- 2 T. honey
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Peel sweet potatoes and chop into large chunks.
- Chop mint finely.
- Place sweet potatoes in a bowl with oil, mint, spices, lemon zest, and honey.
- Toss until the sweet potatoes are well coated.
- Lay the sweet potatoes out on a baking sheet and roast them for 25-30 minutes.
- When the potatoes are crispy, remove them and serve immediately.