After a busy day at the office or filming on location, when I get home, I’m always looking for quick, easy and great tasting recipes that I can whip up in 30 minutes or less.
Here’s a recipe that’s one of my favorites!
- 4 breasts chicken
- 6 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 c. onion, diced
- 1 c. basil, chopped
- 4 c. spinach, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 tsp. Herbs de Provence
- dash sea salt
- splash Chardonnay
- extra virgin olive oil
- extra virgin olive oil spray
- Drizzle olive oil in a skillet on the stovetop over low heat.
- Add in onions and garlic and sauté.
- While the onions and garlic are cooking, in another skillet on the stovetop over low heat, spray a bit of olive oil spray over the pan and add in chicken.
- When the onions and garlic are slightly golden, add in spinach and fresh basil leaves and fresh rosemary.
- Sprinkle Herbs e Provence over the chicken. When chicken breasts are done on one side, turn them over and sprinkle more Herbs de Provence over the top.
- When the chicken is slightly golden, squeeze some fresh lemon and/or limejuice over the top of the chicken breasts.
- Add in diced tomatoes, Chardonnay and a dash of salt (to taste) to spinach mixture.
- Plate chicken and top and surround with spinach and tomato mixture.
©2016, Maryann Ridini Spencer/SimplyDeliciousLiving.com