I recently have fallen in love with chopped salads. OMG! If it’s on the menu, I order it. It’s also become my go-to lunch served by itself and/or with a dollop of tuna or egg salad, or a piece of grilled chicken or salmon. It’s crunchy, satisfying and simply delicious!
- 3 c. Romaine lettuce, finely chopped
- ¼ c. fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 c. Roma tomatoes, diced
- ¼ c. red onion, diced
- ½ c. Garbonzo beans (canned - rinsed and patted dry)
- ⅓ c. green pepper, diced
- ⅓ c. red radish, diced
- ⅓ c. cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 c. Mozzarella cheese, chopped into small cubes
- 4 T. white balsamic vinegar
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp. ground oregano
- garlic salt & pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add in all ingredients. Toss well.
- Add in extra balsamic, oil and garlic salt & pepper to taste.