This is such a simple, yet delicious appetizer, dip or spread. I love to serve it with fresh cut veggies and warm pita bread. You can also enjoy it on toast at breakfast, for lunch in a pita with falafel, as a dressing on a salad, or on top of a burger with grilled onions! The possibilities are quite endless. 🙂
- 2 c. canned chick peas
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- ⅓ c. water or liquid from chickpeas
- ⅓ c. tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 tsp. peanut butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 5 T. lemon juice (to taste)
- ½ tsp. organic extra virgin olive oil
- red chili pepper flakes (to taste)
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika (for more kick, add 1 tsp. smoked paprika)
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend well. Add in more lemon juice, pepper flakes and smoked paprika to taste).
- Serve with warm pita, freshly cut vegetables and a bit of extra virgin olive oil (optional).
©2013 Maryann Ridini Spencer/SimplyDeliciousLiving.com
Visit the Simply Delicious Living Store!Google+