Kicking back and having loved ones and friends over for dinner is a fun way to spend an evening, a weekend get together or a holiday celebration. This recipe is so DELICIOUS and easy-to-make. Whip it up in under 30 minutes!
Pan Seared Sea Scallops with Garlic Aioli Orzo
Author: Maryann Ridini Spencer
- PAN SEARED SEA SCALLOPS INGREDIENTS:
- 1 ¼ lbs. sea scallops
- 2 tsp. butter
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 1 tsp. lemon rind
- garlic salt and pepper
- GARLIC AIOLI ORZO INGREDIENTS:
- 6 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 large egg
- 1 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 T. freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- dash of black pepper
- ½ c. extra virgin olive oil
- Orzo (to serve four) prepared to package instructions
- ⅓ c. fire roasted red peppers, diced (or diced sundried tomatoes with olive oil drained)
- PAN SEARED SEA SCALLOP INSTRUCTIONS:
- In a large bowl, add in scallops, garlic salt and pepper and toss.
- In a skillet on the stovetop over high heat, add butter and oil.
- When skillet is a little smoky, add in scallops.
- Add in lemon or lime juice and lemon rind over tops of scallops.
- Keep scallops from touching one another.
- Cook for approximately 1-2 minutes until they have a slightly golden hue.
- Serve immediately over the Garlic Aioli Orzo.
- GARLIC AIOLI INSTRUCTIONS:
- In a food possessor, add in garlic, egg, juices, salt and pepper.
- Add in about a ⅛ of the oil in a slow stream. Blend. Continue 3 more times until all the oil is used. The mixture will be thick.
- RECIPE PROCEDURE:
- Make Garlic Aioli first, set aside.
- Cook orzo for four to package instructions.
- Drain orzo and place back into the pot; add in fire-roasted red peppers and desired amount of Aioli and stir.
- Set aside.
- In a skillet on the stove to, prepare the sea scallops.
- In a large serving bowl, add in orzo.
- Add scallops to the top of the orzo mixture and serve immediately.
© 2015, Maryann Ridini Spencer, SimplyDeliciousLiving.com Google+