At the holidays, my family LOVES this yummy dish, Sweet Potato Medley Casserole, as a side dish to turkey, chicken, meat or fish. It’s so delicious that sometimes, IF we have leftovers, I enjoy it even for dessert! Try it and let me know what you think. 🙂
- 4-5 sweet potatoes or yams
- 3-4 bananas, sliced in circle rounds
- 2 c. diced or crushed pineapples (no sugar added, pineapples in their own juice)
- 1 c. candied pecans
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel and slice (in half inch circles) sweet potatoes. In a pot on the stove, boil potatoes until soft.
- In a pyrex baking dish, line bottom of the pan with cooked sweet potatoes.
- Add a layer of bananas to cover the potatoes.
- Add a layer of diced and/or crushed pineapple.
- Sprinkle pumpkin spice and cinnamon over top of potato layer.
- Sprinkle candied pecan pieces over top.
- Repeat all layers – potatoes, bananas, pineapple, spices and pecan pieces. Sprinkle a little more pumpkin spice on top. If you like, you can also sprinkle a little brown sugar over the top.
- Bake casserole for approximately 25-30 minutes until bubbly.
CLICK Maryann’s Cookbook to VIEW a SAMPLE. Over 40+ delicious and easy-to-make entrées for people on the go! Available Formats: Ebook, Apple iPad, Soft and Hard Cover. For more information, CLICK HERE.