- 1 bag fresh mixed lettuce (red and green romaine, arugula, baby spinach, etc.)
- ½. c. canned beets (drain the juice)
- 2 small sweet apples, peeled, cored and sliced (or cubed)
- ⅓ c. of Woolwich Chevrai Goat Cheese (or ⅓ small log)
- ⅓ c. unsalted cashews
- ½ small red onion, diced
- In a large bowl, put beets, apples, cashews and onion.
- Place lettuce mix on top.
- Mix ingredients well.
- Crumble goat cheese on top of salad. Mix well.
- Top with salad dressing (see below) and serve!
- For a salad dressing, try my Raspberry Vinaigrette
©2012 – Maryann Ridini Spencer
“Simply Delicious Living with Maryann®” is a FUN and Enchanting journey serving up simply delicious recipes and dedicated to all things home, hearth and joyous living!
Watch the show on Time Warner Cable ON DEMAND® throughout Southern California (approximately 1.8 million digital subscribers). With your remote, Go to ON DEMAND, FIND IT ON DEMAND, COOKING & DINING and scroll to the SIMPLY DELICIOUS tab. In Ventura, the show can also be seen on CAPS-TV, Mondays, 8:00pm with rebroadcasts weekly.
To watch the show Online and PRINT OUT the RECIPES, visit our RECIPE & VIDEO blog at: http://www.SimplyDeliciousLiving.tv
Read the SIMPLY DELICIOUS LIVING Monthly SYNDICATED COLUMN in Natural Awakenings Magazine and in the Ventura County Star, “VC Style” at http://blogs.venturacountystar.com/vcstyle