Green Beans with Italian Sausage
Find out why Green Beans are some of my BFFs! Watch the video!
- 1 1/1 pounds fresh green beans
- 2-3 large Italian sausages (and/or an Artisan sausage of your choice)
- 3-4 cloves fresh chopped garlic
- 1 small-medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 T. olive oil (you can also substitute with PAM)
- ½ c. chardonnay
- 1 c. freshly shaved Romano cheese
- ½ c. slivered Almonds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and cut off tips of the green beans.
- On a stovetop, boil green beans until soft, but still a little crunchy. Drain and set aside.
- In a frying pan on the stovetop, over low to medium heat, pour olive oil. Place onions, garlic and sausage in the pan and sauté until golden brown.
- In the frying pan, add in green beans, wine, almonds and stir. Cook until almonds are light brown.
- Add in Romano Cheese, salt & pepper to taste.
- Cook until some of the wine evaporates. Serve hot!
©2010 – Maryann Ridini Spencer
Green beans are very low in calories (approx, 43 or so calories in a cup) and they are a great nutrient source! They are a great source of Vitamin K, C, A and more! Green beans have been noted to be helpful in the fight against atherosclerosis and play a helpful cardio-protective role. They are a great source of fiber too!Google+