At the holidays, vegetable and potato sides are often the “stars” of the meal. Here’s a simply delicious side that’s healthy and nutritious and so easy to make! It goes well with a meat or fish dish, and you can even toss it into a green salad for extra crunch!
- one 16 oz. bag of organic Brussels sprouts
- ¾ c. chopped walnuts
- extra virgin olive oil
- garlic salt
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut off the ends of the Brussels sprouts, and then cut each individual Brussels sprout in quarters.
- Drizzle olive oil over the bottom of a pan or cookie sheet.
- Place cut Brussels sprouts on top.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts over the Brussels sprouts.
- Sprinkle garlic salt over the vegetables.
- Drizzle a little more olive oil on top and lightly mix the Brussels sprouts with a spoon or your clean hands.
- Roast for approximately 20 minutes or until slightly roasted and golden.
- Before serving, mix with a tad of freshly squeezed lemon juice to bring out the flavors. Serve hot or cold!
©2015 – Maryann Ridini Spencer, SimplyDeliciousLiving.com Google+