Green Beans Almondine
Author: Maryann Ridini Spencer
Cuisine: Veggie Side Dish
- 1 pound of fresh green beans
- 3-4 cloves fresh chopped garlic
- 1 small-medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 T. olive oil
- ½ c. of white wine
- 1 c. of freshly shaved Parmesan/Romano cheese
- ½ c. slivered almonds
- garlic salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and cut off tips of the green beans.
- On a stovetop, steam or boil green beans until soft, but still a little crunchy.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a frying pan on the stovetop, over low to medium heat, pour in olive oil.
- Place onions, garlic, almonds, and ¾ c. of the cheese in the pan and sauté together until golden brown.
- Add in the cooked green beans and wine.
- Stir and cook until some of the wine evaporates.
- Add garlic salt & pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top to serve.
For an easy dinner, serve this dish mixed with cooked sweet Italian sausage over brown rice!