For a scrumptious, simply delicious dessert. This recipe is at the top of my list! It’s easy-to-make using a store bought Angel Cake and/or making my simple Yellow Cake recipe below. Enjoy it with fresh strawberries or blueberries and top with Greek Yogurt. If you’re feeling extra decadent, use real whip cream!
- My Yellow Cake Recipe or a store bought Angel Food Cake
- Limoncello Liqueur
- Fage Total O% Greek strained yogurt (or if you prefer, real whip cream)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract per 6 ounces of yogurt used
- Fresh strawberries, sliced
- Slice angel cake into 2" slices.
- In a large bowl, put one piece of cake and drizzle a few drops of Limoncello liqueur over the top. The liqueur will sink into the cake immediately.
- Let stand in bowl for a minute or so.
- In another bowl, add in yogurt and vanilla extract and mix well. Set aside.
- On a pretty plate, place one piece of Limoncello soaked cake.
- Place sliced strawberries around the cake slice and a large dollop of yogurt on the side.
- Repeat with each serving.
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ c. coconut oil (or 1½ sticks butter)
- 1½ c. sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ c. whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 c. coconut milk
- Coconut oil (to grease cake pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a Bundt cake pan with coconut oil and dust with 2 T. flour.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the coconut oil (or butter), sugar and mix with an electric mixer.
- Add in ricotta cheese, mix well.
- One at a time, add in eggs to the batter. Mix well after each egg addition.
- Add in the vanilla and lemon extracts.
- With the electric mixer on low speed, add in half of the flour mixture and half of the milk and mix.
- Add in the remainder of the flour, milk and mix.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake for approximately one hour.
- Cake will be golden.
- After cake has baked 1 hour, insert a toothpick into the center and if it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes.
©2013 – Maryann Ridini Spencer
LIKE Simply Delicious Living with Maryann® on Facebook, CLICK HERE.
SIGN UP for our FREE monthly newsletter – lots of great articles, cooking videos, decorating tips and body•mind•spirit inspirations!, CLICK HERE.
WATCH US on YouTube on your computer, on your mobile device or iphone at SimplyDelishLiving Channel (and/or Maryann Ridini Spencer)
WATCH Simply Delicious Living with Maryann® on PBS Television in Southern California and in First Run Television Syndication. For more information, visit: SimplyDeliciousLiving.TV and RidiniEntertainment.com