Low-Cal Pumpkin Pudding
At our house, we love everything pumpkin – from pumpkin bread, muffins and pancakes to pumpkin souffle, pumpkin pie, and even pumpkin spice tea…In fact, we love pumpkin so much, that I keep a large stash of organic pumpkin in our pantry to serve up pumpkin delights all year long. This recipe was born out of a desire to have a healthy and low-cal version of our favorite pumpkin desserts and cakes without sacrificing the taste! Enjoy! (NOTE: To make this recipe VEGAN, skip the honey!! You can use 1-2 packets of organic Stevia if you wish!).
- 1 can (15-ounce), organic pumpkin
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ¼ c. organic unsweetened applesauce
- 1 -2 T. honey (optional)
- 1 c. coconut milk
- ½ c. walnut pieces
- 2 c. diced or crushed pineapple
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add pumpkin, extract, eggs, salt, baking powder, spice, applesauce, and coconut milk. Beat with electric mixer.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into 6 ramekins (place on a cookie sheet).
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Cover with plastic and place in the refrigerator for the pumpkin to set (a few hours or overnight).
- Serve with coconut whipped cream and/or crushed pineapple mix and walnuts over the top.
©2016 Maryann Ridini Spencer, Simply Delicious Living.com Google+