Personalize Your Avocado Toast
Avocado Toast is my favorite go-to breakfast! In this Simply Delicious Living video I share some ideas to mix-up and “personalize” avocado toast.
According to the Mayo Clinic, these creamy fruits provide vitamins A, C, E, K, Omega-3 fatty acids, and a host of other vitamins and nutrients that have been shown to support heart and eye health, lowering depression, bone loss, and cancer to name just a few benefits. Avocado also contains fiber – which helps keep you satisfied until your next meal and also assists with lowering cholesterol. In addition, while avocados contain a small amount of saturated fat, they have primarily good monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats.
Personalized Avocado Toast
- 1 avocado
- 1 Toast (multigrain, sourdough, ciabatta, bagel or other)
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- garlic salt and pepper to taste
- fire roasted red pepper slices – optional
- Kalamata olives (or other) – optional
- 1/4 tsp. fresh dill – optional
- Maryann's Hummus recipe
- 1 Roma tomato, sliced
- Chipotle seasoning – optional
- Toast the bread of your choosing
- Slice an avocado and place the avocado meat in a bowl.
- Mix in lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread mixture avocado mixture over toast.
- Watch VIDEO for topping ideas to create your personalized toast!
Mix-up your Avocado Toast with various toppings and spices from olives, to nuts, cream cheese, veggies, and a host of fresh herbs. Za’atar is another wonderful spice to put on your avocado toast. Have FUN and get creative and align with your personal taste! Link to Maryann’s Hummus: https://maryannridinispencer.com/maryanns-hummus. Link to my Middle Easttern Hummus: https://maryannridinispencer.com/middle-eastern-hummus/