During summer (actually, any time of year!), I love to enjoy a cool, crisp salad. One night, looking for something tasty and easy to make without having to turn on the stove, I came up with this “Salad Wrap” that I enjoy for lunch or dinner. You can serve it vegetarian, vegan, or with your favorite protein.
- 1/2 c. garbanzo beans
- 1/2 c. black beans
- 1/2 c. Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 c. Persian cucumbers, sliced thin or diced
- 1 1/2 c. prepackaged chopped lettuce mix (lettuce, green and red cabbage, carrots, scallions)
- 1/4 c. avocado, diced
- garlic powder to taste
- white wine vinegar to taste
- chipotle seasoning to taste
- whole wheat wraps
- Maryann's Middle Eastern Hummu, Search "Middle Eastern Hummus" at simplydeliciousliving.com
- salsa of your choice
- In a large bowl, add in beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce mix, and avocado.
- Add in garlic powder, vinegar, and seasoning to taste. Mix.
- Roll out a whole wheat wrap.
- Spread a layer of hummus over wrap.
- Put a generous portion of the salad mix down the center of the wrap.
- Starting at one end, roll the wrap over the lettuce mix forming a cylinder.
- Cut wrap down the center.
- Serve immediately.