You can make this dish in under 20 minutes! It’s so tasty! The red pepper flakes (depending upon how “hot” you like your food), adds a little kick to this pasta. For a Complete Meal Idea, Serve this dish with my Simple Side Salad.
Shrimp Scampi Ridini
Author: Maryann Ridini Spencer
Recipe type: Pasta
- 1 ½ lbs Jumbo Cooked Shrimp, shelled, deveined
- Linguine for 4 people
- 2 T. butter
- ½ small onion, diced
- 4 large garlic cloves, diced
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes
- 5 basil leaves, chopped
- juice of one freshly squeezed lemon
- 1 T. lemon zest
- ¾ c. sundried tomatoes (in olive oil, sliced)
- Parmesan and Romano cheese
- garlic salt
- garlic powder
- red pepper flakes
- extra virgin olive oil
- Wash shrimp and place out on a paper towel to dry.
- Wash and cut cherry tomatoes in half, set aside.
- Prepare linguine to package instructions.
- In a large skillet over medium heat on the stovetop, drizzle a little olive oil over the bottom of the pan. Add in onion and garlic sauté until lightly golden.
- Add in tomatoes, basil, shrimp and butter.
- Sauté until tomatoes are soft (not mushy) about a 2-3 minutes.
- Add in lemon juice, lemon zest and sundried tomatoes. Stir.
- Sprinkle a little Parmesan and Romano cheese over the skillet. Stir once.
- Add in garlic salt, garlic powder and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Remove skillet from the heat and serve mixture over cooked linguine.
- Serve immediately with extra Parmesan and Romano cheese.
©2013 — Maryann Ridini SpencerGoogle+