Do you LOVE pizza, but don’t like the calories or all the additives that go along with buying frozen or prepared pizzas? Are you looking for a quick, easy-to-make, tasty lunch or dinner? If you answered YES, try this healthy alternative for a simply delicious tasting, natural and preservative-free pizza.
- 4 pieces Middle Eastern flatbread
- 2 c. of your favorite organic pasta sauce or my Quick and Easy Marinara Sauce
- 1 c. Woolwich Dairy Goat Mozzarella cheese (sliced in small circles)
- ½ c. fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Italian seasoning
- ¼ c. diced onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 c. Jarlsberg cheese, shaved
- ½ c. shaved Parmesan/Romano cheese blend
- garlic salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cover each piece of flatbread with pasta sauce.
- Place Woolwich Mozzarella cheese rounds strategically over the top of each pizza.
- Sprinkle basil, Italian seasoning, diced onions and garlic, shaved Jarlsberg cheese, shaved Parmesan/Romano cheese blend, and garlic salt and pepper over each pizza.
- Bake pizzas for approximately 15 minutes. Crust will be golden and pizza will puff up.
- Once taken out of the oven, the pizza will deflate. Serve immediately with a large green side salad. Try my Walnut Blue Salad or Very Green Salad.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 –5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced or crushed tomatoes
- 6 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ c. shaved Parmesan cheese
- ¼ c. shaved Romano cheese
- ½ c. red wine
- garlic salt and pepper to taste
- 4 T. extra virgin olive oil (to sauté onions and garlic)
- In a skillet on the stovetop, heat olive oil and add onions and garlic.
- Sauté for approximately 8–10 minutes until onions are soft.
- In a large pot on the stovetop, pour in tomatoes.
- Add the cooked onions and garlic, basil, brown sugar, Italian seasoning, cheeses and red wine. Stir.
- Add in garlic salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, over low heat for 20 minutes.