Enjoy this tasty appetizer before the “main event”! It’s bursting with delicious flavor and it’s a fresh and natural beginning to any meal.
I love these flavors so much, I have used them in another one of my go-to recipes, Tomato, Basil and Cheese Pasta (see image below).
- 1 sourdough crusty French baguette, sliced in ½" slices
- 5 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced small
- 9 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ½ c. Parmesan/Romano cheese, shaved
- 1 T. balsamic vinegar
- 4 T. extra virgin olive oil
- garlic powder (to taste)
- garlic salt and black pepper (to taste)
- In a large bowl, add in tomatoes, garlic, basil leaves, shaved cheese, oil and vinegar. Mix.
- Add in garlic powder, garlic salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve Bruschetta with baguette slices.
- NOTE: If you'd like to toast the bread, put bread slices on a cookie sheet covered with oil. Sprinkle a little garlic salt over the top of each slice of bread. Bake in the oven at 450 degrees F for approximately 5 minutes until slightly golden. Remove immediately.