Sweet Potato & Cranberry Farro Salad
Farro is a delicious grain made of a the grains from different wheat species and has a delicious taste and a crunchy, nutty texture. It’s often used in Italian cuisine and this recipe is great to serve as a side dish with grilled vegetables, fish, chicken, or turkey. At our house we also enjoy it for breakfast with eggs — or just a healthy snack! This dish is also fantastic to serve with Thanksgiving dinner!
- 1 c. farro (cooked to package instructions)
- 1 c. Fuji apple, washed and diced (skin on)
- ½ freshly squeezed lemon
- ¼ c. red onion, diced
- 1 c. sweet potato, peeled, diced and cooked
- ¼ c. walnut pieces
- ½ c. dried orange cranberries
- lemon pepper to taste
- ground cinnamon spice to taste
- fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1-2 T. organic honey to taste
- Cook farro to package instructions and place in a large bowl.
- Add in apple, lemon juice, onion, sweet potato, walnuts, cranberries, lemon pepper, cinnamon, fresh rosemary sprigs and honey (all to taste). Serve hot or cold.
©2016, SimplyDeliciousLiving.com/RidiniEntertainment.com Google+