Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese
Author: Chef Tim Kilcoyne
Recipe type: Salad
- 4-5 Golden Root Beets, Roasted
- 1 c. Goat Cheese Crumbles
- 1½ c. Walnuts
- 2 Apples, sliced (with skins left on)
- ½ c. Fresh squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 T. Walnut oil (or Hazelnut oil or more Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roast beets (don’t cut bottoms and tops too much) in the oven for 45-minutes to an hour at 375 degrees F. When beets are done, let the cool before preparing the salad.
- Once beets are cool, using your hands, roll back the beet skin to uncover the meat of the beets.
- Cut beets lengthwise to keep their natural shape and place them in a deep bowl.
- Add in walnuts
- Add in sliced apple
- Add in Lemon juice, Walnut oil, Extra Virgin Olive oil and mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Top salad with Goat Cheese Crumbles (Note: As an alternative, this salad is also great with blue cheese crumbles!)