At our house, we love having tuna salad for lunch (and sometimes for a light dinner!). This salad is delicious, tangy twist on the traditional version. Serve it on top of romaine lettuce or on a crusty rustic roll!
- 3 – 5 ounce cans of white chunk albacore tuna in water, drained
- 3 T. lemon juice
- ⅔ c. mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, diced
- garlic salt and pepper to taste
- ½ c. fire roasted red peppers, diced
- half a ruby red grapefruit, peeled and diced into small pieces (be careful to remove the white membrane either gently by hand or by cutting with a knife)
- 2 large avocados, scooped and sliced
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, add in the tuna, lemon juice, mayonnaise, diced onion and garlic salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Add in fire roasted red peppers and diced grapefruit and mix.
- Chill for about half an hour.
- When you are ready to serve the salad, on 4 separate plates, arrange 4-5 large Romaine lettuce leaves, allowing the leaves to overlap a bit.
- Scoop out a generous portion of tuna salad on the center of each plate.
- Position avocado slices around the tuna salad.
- Serve immediately with a large pitcher of iced tea!
Serve immediately with a large pitcher of iced tea!
©2013 — Maryann Ridini Spencer
LIKE Simply Delicious Living with Maryann® on Facebook, CLICK HERE.
SIGN UP for our FREE monthly newsletter – lots of great articles, cooking videos, decorating tips and body•mind•spirit inspirations!, CLICK HERE.
WATCH US on YouTube on your computer, on your mobile device or iphone at SimplyDelishLiving Channel (and/or Maryann Ridini Spencer)
WATCH Simply Delicious Living with Maryann® on PBS Television in Southern California and in First Run Television Syndication. For more information, visit: SimplyDeliciousLiving.TV and RidiniEntertainment.comGoogle+