Curry powder, turmeric, ginger, and cardamom are all wonderful spices with anti-oxidant properties. “Food is Medicine” as my husband always says, so you always want to make sure you’re eating simply healthy & delicious!
Curried Veggie Rice
Author: Maryann Ridini Spencer
- Jasmine rice (Serving for 4 cooked to package instructions)
- 1 small white onion, peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced small
- 1 zucchini, diced into small cubes
- 1 c. English peas
- ⅓ c. peanuts
- ½ c. diced carrots
- ⅓ c. dried cranberries
- 3 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 2 T. curry powder
- ¼ tsp. cardamom
- ¼ tsp. ginger
- ¼ tsp. coriander
- ¼ tsp. garlic salt
- ¼ c. water
- organic extra virgin olive oil
- On the stovetop over low heat, drizzle olive oil over skillet bottom and add in cooked rice.
- Add in onion, diced garlic, zucchini, peas, peanuts, carrots, dried cranberries, lemon juice, spices, and stir.
- Add water. Cook mix for a while (Veggies will be soft but not mushy).
- Add garlic salt and red chili pepper flakes (and other spices as needed) to taste.
Serve dish by itself or with grilled tofu, chicken, meat, or fish.
©2017 — Maryann Ridini Spencer, Find out more about Maryann’s Award-Winning Simply Delicious Living TV Series & Blog and “Lady in the Window” (SelectBooks, 2017) a novel by Maryann Ridini Spencer at https://MaryannRidiniSpencer.com Google+