Walnut Blue Salad
This delicious, tasty salad is a perfect compliment to any chicken, meat or fish dinner. I make it with apples and/or pears. You can also enjoy it for lunch with a sandwich or some hard boiled eggs. Enjoy!
- 4 c. mixed Greens (romaine, arugula, radicchio & other)
- 1 c. Blue cheese crumbles
- 1.5 c. sliced Apples (Brae Burn, Fuji, Honeycrisp or other sweet apple)
- 1 cup. candied Walnuts (and/or candied Pecans)
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, sliced
- Garlic salt & pepper to taste
- In a bowl, add in sliced apples, candied pecans, Roma tomatoes, mixed lettuce and blue cheese.
- Mix well.
- Pour salad dressing (below) over top of salad, mix well. Add in garlic salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 T. Dijon Mustard
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 Garlic clove, diced
- 1 tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ½ c. Olive oil
- 4 T. of raspberry wine vinegar
- 2 T. of chives or chopped scallions
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Slowly dribble in olive oil (taste testing as you go).
- Drizzle vinaigrette mixture over salad mixture.
- Mix & again, tasting as you go!
- Dish out 4 individual salad servings on pretty plates.
©2011 – Maryann Ridini Spencer
“Simply Delicious Living with Maryann®” is a FUN and Enchanting journey serving up simply delicious recipes and dedicated to all things home, hearth and joyous living!
Watch the show on Time Warner Cable ON DEMAND® throughout Southern California (approximately 1.8 million digital subscribers). With your remote, Go to ON DEMAND, FIND IT ON DEMAND, COOKING & DINING and scroll to the SIMPLY DELICIOUS tab. In Ventura, the show can also be seen on CAPS-TV, Mondays, 8:00pm with rebroadcasts weekly.
To watch the show Online and PRINT OUT the RECIPES, visit our RECIPE & VIDEO blog at: http://www.SimplyDeliciousLiving.tv
Read the SIMPLY DELICIOUS LIVING Monthly SYNDICATED COLUMN in Natural Awakenings Magazine and in the Ventura County Star, “VC Style” at http://blogs.venturacountystar.com/vcstyleGoogle+